(1) Throughout employment, study programs, and projects in the intersection of security policy, data science and policy implementation, I developed my main question: How should national security work in the digitised democracy?
(2) In years of political and social commitment, I acquired ample skills in public speaking, targeted writing, and discussion tactics – both in English and German.
(3) Contrasting my policy skills, I pursue various data science projects (keywords: OSINT, NLP, Network Analysis, Causal Inference) to tackle policy problems not only with words but also with numbers.
(4) Throughout the last 12 years, I gained international experience in, among others, East Africa (8 months), the Balkan region (2 months), South America (1 month) and on board a traditional sailing vessel (6 months). Here I learned French, Swahili, and Spanish.
(6) Focussing on public sector change, I enjoy working in small, well-coordinated teams, like to pay attention to the detail, and favour a balance of fundamental discussions and hands-on duties.
September 2020 – June 2021
Master in Public Administration |
School of International and Public Administration, Columbia University, New York City, USA
September 2018 – June 2021
Master in Public Policy |
Hertie School of Governance, Berlin
September 2018 –
Bachelor in Computer Science & Information Technologies |
Distant Learning University, Hagen
October 2013 – December 2017
Bachelor in Politics, Philosophy, and Economics |
October 2009 –
"Classroom under Sail" project |
August 2020 – July 2021
Cyber Security Research Assistant | Cyber Program at Columbia University's A. Saltzman Institute for War and Peace Studies
Research Assistant to the Cyber Program at Columbia University's School of International and Public Administration under the lead of Jason Healey and in cooperation with Saltzman Institute of War and Peace Studies. Focus: Setup of a policy recommendation database in cybersecurity, cyber research and reporting.
August 2020 – July 2021
Digital Sherlock Scholar | Digital Forensic Research Lab (DFRlab) at the Atlantic Council
Cohort of 2020 at the Atlantic Council’s Digital Forensic Research Lab - the world’s leading hub of digital forensic analysts tracking events in governance,
technology, security, and where each intersect as they occur.
360 / Digital Sherlock Program: Digital Forensic Research Training in Open Source Intelligence Methods like Network Analysis, Website Forensics, Data Visualization, Geo-Tracking and Image Analysis
January 2018 – September 2020
Data & Policy Analyst | German Parliament "Bundestag"
Offices of Dr. Mihaic & Dr. von Notz: Special Investigation Committee on the 2016 Berlin terrorist attack: Data Analytics (NLP-based network analysis & investigative focus, OSINT investigations on right-wing terrorism, Time series analysis, GPS/Geo logging), speech writing; applied working with Python, R, neo4j, Google Apps Script, Maltego, Linux scripts etc.
June 2019 – August 2020
Digital Transformation Consultant | PD - Berater der öffentlichen Hand GmbH (In-House Consultancy of the German Public Sector)
Consultant (on Hertie Professional Year leave); Focus: Public sector consultancy, digital transformation in the security sector, data analysis, software development (requirement analysis), agile project management, chairing/moderating expert panels
October 2015 – December 2017
Managing Director (CEO/CCO) | StudierendenGesellschaft Witten/Herdecke e.V.
SG is a student managed shareholder of Witten/Herdecke University with MEUR 20 assets under management ensuring socially compatible access to all students by offering income-contingent payment of tuition fees
Responsibilities: strategy, finance, and stakeholder communication
Since October 2013
Founder & Head of executive board | Euro-African charity organisation “Friends of One World Secondary School”
Fundraising, public relation and volunteer recruiting for German-Tanzanian UNESCO school in Tanzania; Annual support: TEUR 15
April 2018 – July 2018
Initiator & project manager | EU travel & discussion project “2Europeans: Go East”
Interviews about the EU in Balkan region and Eastern Europe; Social Media cooperation with “WhyEurope”: audience of 2.5M people
Since March 2017
Member of election campaign team | District chapter of The Green Party Germany (Bündnis 90/Die Grünen)